Colin Firth Will Never Work With Woody Allen Again

Anita Tucker
January 20, 2018

While Allen has consistently denied her claims, Dylan has never given up in her bid to prove the director's alleged guilt, and recently started to take aim at actors who have worked with her estranged father.

His statement follows Farrow's first televised interview about her 1992 allegation that her father molested her when she was 7, something that Allen has denied.

Firth joins other Allen movie alumni in expressing regret they worked for him, including Oscar victor Mira Sorvino, actress-director Greta Gerwig, Golden Globe victor Rachel Brosnahan, Rebecca Hall, and Timothée Chalamet.

Oscar victor Colin Firth, who starred in Woody Allen's 2014 romantic comedy Magic in the Moonlight, has joined a growing chorus of stars who have turned their back on the director.

Consider the Woody Allen case.

Woody issued a fresh statement following his daughter's TV appearance stating that Dylan's claims were thoroughly investigated by two organisations which concluded that no molestation had taken place. He continues to enjoy a glittering career and remains married to Soon-Yi.

The actor also spoke out against Harvey Weinstein, who was executive producer on Firth's film The King's Speech, when sexual assault accusations against Weinstein came to light.

Both Gerwig and Sorvino had publicly apologized to Farrow weeks when they made their vows not to work with Allen again.

Service ace: Djokovic back with rebuilt serve at Aussie Open
The five-time Grand Slam champion consolidated easily as she moved within two games of closing out the match. Unfortunately this injury had been with me for a while and it escalated at Roland Garros and Wimbledon.


"I believe Dylan", Oscar-winner Natalie Portman told Oprah Winfrey in a recent group interview with others.

But the 82-year-old Hannah and Her Sisters director released a statement disputing the lurid allegations - and is blaming ex-girlfriend Mia Farrow.

Dylan Farrow appeared on the morning gabfest to give her first on-camera interview where she repeated the charges. "Honestly yes. I do wish that they had", she told CBS. A CT state prosecutor at the time found probable cause to charge Allen but thought Farrow too fragile to face a celebrity trial.

She added: "I hope that, you know, especially since so many of them have been vocal advocates of this Me Too and Time's Up movement, that they can acknowledge their complicity and maybe hold themselves accountable to how they have perpetuated this culture of silence in their industry".

"I want to show my face and tell my story", she said in the interview, which aired Thursday.

Farrow said she "felt it was important to add my story" to the #MeToo movement, "because it's something I've struggled with for so long". "Instead, they found it likely a vulnerable child had been coached to tell the story by her angry mother during a contentious breakup".

"What I don't understand is how is this insane story about me being brainwashed and coached is more believable than me being sexually assaulted by my father", she said. He alleges that his stepdaughter was coached by Mia Farrow during an acrimonious divorce and custody battle.

Other reports by My Hot News

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER